[kde-edu]: activity-oriented tutorials

Arindam Ghosh arindam.foss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:31:51 CET 2008

Well, i'm not telling to include just this right away. The version
that we may include will be more crisp & more improved from its'
present state. Right now, i just put this up for a review. I mean
following,

* How is the approach in first place?
* What are the things that needed to be improved?
* Translation to be done (/me did for Bengali (bn_IN), my local language)
* And can we have more like this (/me doing another one for khangman)
& dump them somewhere.
* Hosting (that's absolutely iffy) comes at a very later stage.

Actually, I found this method quite effective in a school where my
local LUG recently did an LTSP setup. We have dumped lot of
educational packages and tutorials & students really love using KDE
edutainment packages. Well, the idea spun from the fact that
'kgeography so to say doesn't have all state maps of India' rather it
doesn't have each & every possible map in the world. So, making  a
small student or a geography teacher understand <xml> tags gets really
tedious at times. Better talk them in their language..."create maps".
Then, we can see them create their own content, contribute & give us
much needed feedback.

Please comment.....

regards
--