[kde-edu]: kde-edu Digest, Vol 69, Issue 17

Dylon Edwards integr8e at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 02:47:36 CET 2008

> > Aleix, I'm looking into KOffice's Flake shape library now, what exactly
> are
> > you looking for in a Maxima Flake?  Can it not already render MathML
> > objects?
>
>   It would be the way to make KWord a texmacs-line application in terms of
>   integration with maxima. http://www.texmacs.org/

Ah, and all this time I was trying to figure out how to integrate KWord into
KFormula, not the other way around :)

Maybe I could help port KFormula to KOffice 2.0, and in the process,
implement a KFormula docker for the suite (I'm much more a fan of dockers
than regular toolbars).  Then, creating MML flake shapes would be a breeze!
After that, if they would let me, I could begin working on KFormula to
transform it into the CAS I'm looking for -- which, in my opinion, would be
a killer feature for an office suite.

I could also begin porting my Java sources to C++ and continue improving the
parser and large decimal classes.  If they become satisfactory, would you
consider working with me to create a CAS library we could use in all KDE?

How much I get accomplished over the holidays depends mainly on how quickly
I get a solid feel for KDE programming.  Two weeks from today, I go back to
my university for my 4th semester; I probably won't be able to get much more
done, then, until Summer :P

--
Dylon Edwards
SSWJ - Stay(ing) Strong With Jesus, Always!