[kde-edu]: We need more promotion

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Dec 15 10:47:33 CET 2008

On Monday 15 December 2008 10:38:44 Bhikkhu Mettavihari wrote:
> > For Sugar, I don't think we have any manpower.
>
> OK, I am not technical enough to advice you in any way,
>
> As for Windows on OLPC I do not think the Ministry of Education of Sri
> Lanka will take it.
> We are going very much with Open Source in our School work.
When kids will use the OLPC Logo software they'll use the KDE-Edu one at home
or elsewhere easily. They will already know about freedom. So even if it's not
KDE-Edu itself, it helps KDE-Edu.

You can promote KDE-Edu to cyber cafés for example by telling them to get
kids-oriented machines. That's a practical example anyone can do. We do that
locally. Also in libraries.

And make a KDE-Edu promo team, list what needs to be done, open a Spread KDE-
Edu website,....

Anne-Marie