[kde-edu]: We need more promotion

Bhikkhu Mettavihari mettavihari at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:38:44 CET 2008

> Working with OLPC people is not really easy (do you see GCompris on the
> machines you have access to?)
> Porting Edu apps to Sugar seems very difficult, a rewrite seems a better
> solution.
> I was under the impression the OLPC is in difficulty due to internal
> politics
> and to Microsoft stepping in. When there is Windows on the OLPC there is
> also
> our apps.
>
> For Sugar, I don't think we have any manpower.

OK, I am not technical enough to advice you in any way,

As for Windows on OLPC I do not think the Ministry of Education of Sri Lanka
will take it.
We are going very much with Open Source in our School work.

with metta
Mettavihari

> Anne-Marie
>
> PS : I believe more on Netbooks and CLassmayte PCs and Edu distros than in
> OLPC in terms of deploying our software.

The Linux Center
Nugegoda Junction
138/1, S.De.S.Jayasinghe Mawatha
phone 2811120