[kde-edu]: new porject: KFormulaThrower

Carlos Licea carlos_licea at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 21:59:48 CEST 2008

El Tuesday 12 August 2008 08:20:37 Jeffrey Kelling escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to introduce to you your new project KFormulaThrower  (KFT).
>
> We, Felix Lemke and myself, Jeffrey Kelling, are two Physics Students from
> Dresden, Germany. I have been Programming in C++ for al long time now but I
> am new to QT. Felix is a rather inexperienced C++ Programmer, he was
> involved in the start of Palapeli (playground/games).
>
> KFT is supposed to become a Program to manually manipulate complex formulas
> at the computer using Drag&Drop. Some simple simplifications will be done
> automatically (e.g. reduction), but it should not become an computer
> algebra program. The advantage oft KFT over ordinary paper will be to not
> getting confused by your own handwriting ;)
>
> We would like to know if you think that it would be suitable to cooperate
> with Kmath. Feedback and suggestions are also welcome.
>
> Yours,
>
> Jeffrey Kelling

Hello Jeffrey,
	I, to be honest, think that such application has no fit in an educational
project. Since teaching is not its goal at all. Nevertheless it would be very
usefull, and essentially has the same interest you seem to have, if you work
in KFormula for the KOffice suite. Which basically aims to provide a nice way
to represent formulas in documents (either by itself or as an embedded
document inside another one). You can find us at #koffice channel in the
freenode ( irc.freenode.org ).
	Hope to se you there, we are nice people ;)... 		and we need help.

Carlos