[kde-edu]: [Kde-games-devel] KNS Server (Was: Step is moved ... )

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon Apr 7 10:15:48 CEST 2008

Am Freitag 04 April 2008 11:43:42 schrieb Mauricio Piacentini:
> This issue is already placed by Eugene in the agenda for our next
> meeting, which will probably take place on this Sunday, April 6th, at
> 20:00 UTC. See it here:
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Games/IRC_Meeting

To summarise the outcome and give a status update:
- GHNS repository maintenance through SVN was considered a good idea and is
now implemented and active on data.kstuff.org
- however, many issues remain and will have to be solved later, e.g. about the
privileges, since repository administration means dealing with passwords
- the idea would be to maybe put these files on svn.kde.org but do not fill up
the SVN repository with data, instead any repository (including data.kde.org)
can be referenced from the repository metadata as its upstream source
- sysadmins will be contacted right now by me to see if data.kde.org can
already be aliased so scripts and knsrc files do not have to be modified
after the release

Plus:
- there's a potential GSoC candidate for GHNS support in Blender :)

Josef