[kde-edu]: KNS Server (Was: Step is moved ... )

jeremy at scitools.com jeremy at scitools.com
Fri Apr 4 16:39:23 CEST 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 00:55:49 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Le Thursday 03 April 2008 09:27:18 pm Carsten Niehaus, vous avez écrit :
> > Moin Uwe!
> >
> > A new categorie come in my mind (beside KNewStuff, of course)
> >
> > http://www.kde-apps.org/
>
> I think a Step entry in http://www.kde-files.org/ is more appropriate!
>
> But the priority is to first have a KDE server so upload can be done.
> Jeremy any news on that? How could this all be done in one server: upload,
> sharing on a webpage, ... I'm always a bit confused on what exactly this
> KNS server needs: a special administrator to install the server scripts,
> what more?
> KDEGames will have a meeting soon about that, we absolutely need to make a
> formal demand to KDE sysadmins and be done with this. And we need to
> transfert all data from edu.kde.org to this server before 4.1.
>
> I'll be away from 12th April to 18th April without internet so maybe this
> will need someone to step (ahah) in to push on that when we know more about
> exactly what is needed!
>
> Anne-Marie

I can push if needed.  I'd feel better pushing after I see that upload is
functional (I still have no server with upload setup to test this with, I'll
try to make a DXS server at home this weekend).

As far as upload/download web interface is concerned, HotStuff does that for
us, though the web interface could be cleaned up a lot probably.
http://data.kstuff.org shows the current state of it.  It is functional, but
there are a couple issues with using that (josef has to set up each category,
and svn account there currently, and he's very busy as always).

Thoughts, comments, questions?

Jeremy