[kde-edu]: Need help revising KTouch keyboards

Andreas Nicolai Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
Mon Sep 24 15:44:58 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

the overhaul of KTouch's keyboard engine is complete, with an improved
layouting/drawing/accessing functionality and an included Keyboard editor.

However, we noticed that quite a few of the keyboard layouts were
incorrect (wrong color codes/key placements) and are incomplete because of
the limitations of the previous keyboard engine. So we KTouch developers
would like to ask the community to take a look at the old layouts, convert
them into the new XML format and add missing key connectivities and
characters.

Simply open the keyboard editor in KTouch, read in an old keyboard file
(the ones without the xml extension) and start editing:
- first the characters on each key
- then the color codings by assigning each key a finger key, note that the
top row of keys should be coded based on the local conventions - see for
example the german keyboard versus the american/english keyboard
- lastly check the connectors (which characters can be produced by
pressing a certain key)

Please add the reviewed keyboards in XML format to the repository or send
them to Haavard and me.

Thanks a lot for helping us out, here!

Bye,
Andreas

Andreas Nicolai                         anicolai at syr.edu
PhD Candidate, M.A.M.E                  (315) 443-2641
Syracuse University
151 Link Hall
Syracuse, NY, 13244