[kde-edu]: kig: desiderata (wishlist)

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Sat Sep 15 18:44:56 CEST 2007

Hello,

> In advance: Big thanks for the great tool "Kig", this is not complaining
> but trying to improve Kig by adding important features.

Thanks to you that use it!

> I'd like to have vector objects for OoDraw - so I can arrange them as
> needed - but not even Inkscape managed to export usable files.

You can export the construction to SVG: File → Export to → SVG.

> 1. Add clipboard support or at least "export selection"

I'm not really sure how clipboard would help here; what, and which format
should the selection be copied to?

> 2. Add cloning function (AFAIK, you can only move or transform a shape, but
>    not create an independent clone)

That's not something really easy, even on the design side.
Image to construct two points, and a line through them. Select one of the two
points and the line. What should happen if you wants to clone the selected
object?

> 3. Allow to set default appearance of object types globally
>   (e.g. show cross 'X' instead of dots for vertices/corners).

To be done, but not planned yet.

--
Pino Toscano