[kde-edu]: kig: desiderata (wishlist)

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Sat Sep 15 18:30:43 CEST 2007

Being offline, I (ab)use our mailing list for bug reporting (offline posting).

In advance: Big thanks for the great tool "Kig", this is not complaining but
trying to improve Kig by adding important features.

Reference: Kig v 0.10.6 (KDE 3.5.7)

Having created some constructions that I wish to include to a worksheet (Ooo),
I detected some shortcomings (in terms of workflow); actually it is very hard
to transfer a number of instances of a dynamic shape to my worksheet:

Straight forward way (= clipboard) is not working at all.
I'd like to have vector objects for OoDraw - so I can arrange them as needed -
but not even Inkscape managed to export usable files.

Suggestions to improve workflow:
1. Add clipboard support or at least "export selection"
2. Add cloning function (AFAIK, you can only move or transform a shape, but
   not create an independent clone)
3. Allow to set default appearance of object types globally
  (e.g. show cross 'X' instead of dots for vertices/corners).

Thanks for your comments
Regards
Ralf