[kde-edu]: Step 3D

Vladimir ks.vladimir at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:20:12 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm aware of physical simulator included in blender. However it has different
design goals: produce realistically-looking simulations for animation instead
of physically-correct simulations which is necessary for studying.
Consequently it also lacks some important features that Step already has, for
example error estimations, units conversion, graphs.

As for Step3d, the main problem here is not simulation (the underlying
simulation library can be relatively easily extended to support 3d
simulations), but visualization and GUI. Implementing easy-to-use 3d scene
editor is not a trivial task, and unfortunately I have no time to do it
myself (at least in the near future). However if someone else would help with
visualization part, I could do simulation part and Step will have 3d-mode.

Thanks a lot for you attention to Step !

--
      Best Regards,
        Vladimir