[kde-edu]: Step 3D

Miguel Marco mmarco at unizar.es
Tue Oct 23 16:38:47 CEST 2007

I have been doing some 3d animation lately with blender, and i have found that
it includes a physical simulator. It has the ability to simulate rigid bodys
(the so-called game engine), but also deformable bodys and fluids (although
these last two not too realisticly). Basically, you set the elements in the
scene, stablish the forces that appear, and press "start" and the system
evolves.

So i wandered if Step could make use of that code to make it 3d. I think that,
from the educational point of view, the possibility of making the students
simulate the lab experiments actually "seeing the lab" in the computers could
be very usefull.

I don't know how Step is implemented, so ¿would it be possible to make it
3d-aware?.

Miguel Angel Marco Buzunariz.
Departamento de Matemáticas.
Universidad de Zaragoza.