[kde-edu]: KEPA: kde4 Edu Portable Apps (for Windows)?

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 16:44:27 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch 21 November 2007 schrieb Saro Engels:
> As I have said before the main problems are the lack of developers
> and the lack of quality / stability. If you find someone though who
> is keen on testing and improving the Windows ports, just send him to
> us.

Hi Saro, thanks for your valuable reply!

I know dozens of pupils who are ready to try out free software - if I
just had a link where to get those apps?

Is there any need to release a separate "standallone/portable" version
for KDE Edu apps - to make them runnable right from a USB stick
(without the need of pre-installation)?

As for "branding" (this is more or less what I was thinking of) there
should be no string freeze (the info box containing the name of the
developer etc. should be changable independently). However, re-branding
is possible for windows off-spins, so it might be wiser to refer to
GNU/Linux/KDE on the project's web page.

Regards
Ralf