[kde-edu]: KEPA: kde4 Edu Portable Apps (for Windows)?

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Nov 21 15:03:28 CET 2007

RalfGesellensetter schrieb:
> Dear list,
>
> my school is one out of hundred using KDE Edu on top of a
> Skolelinux/Debian Edu installation.

I am one of the guys of the kde-windows project which is currently
underway to port most of the KDE apps to the Windows operating system.
Many of the KDE-Edu apps are working right now - though we have to admit
that they aren't well tested because of the lack of people.
I wouldn't recommend the day-to-day use of those apps - they are more of
alpha/beta quality (even the release).
As far as I know there is no such thing as an additional information in
the KDE apps - and I am quite sure that right now with the string freeze
you will not get one into the apps. This was discussed as well earlier
and shouldn't be discussed here.
As I have said before the main problems are the lack of developers and
the lack of quality / stability. If you find someone though who is keen
on testing and improving the Windows ports, just send him to us.

regards,
SaroEngels

kde-windows project: