[kde-edu]: [3.5] KApplication::invokeBrowser() question

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed May 23 21:08:40 CEST 2007

A Dimecres 23 Maig 2007, Jason Harris va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> On Wednesday 23 May 2007 10:39, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > No, kfmclient is a konqueror alias.
>
> No, it isn't.  It's a small utility that can be used to launch the user's
> configured browser.  Try it yourself, use these directions to switch your
>
> preferred browser to firefox (or any non-konq browser):
> > To change his preferred browser he has to go to kcontrol -> KDE
> > components -> Default Applications and change it there.
>
> The type in a konsole: "kfmclient openURL http://www.google.com"
> It will launch the non-konq browser.

Right

> So, I still think the ubuntu package that contains kstars needs to depend
> on whatever ubuntu package provides the kfmclient utility.

Right!

kfmclient is in kdebase in ubuntu.

So yes, kstars has to depend on kdebase.

BTW, now that i have you here, i am working on porting i18n data system to
cmake and have realized fr and sl teams have a file called info_url.dat but
that file is not getting installed, do you know about it? should it be
installed? where?

Albert