[kde-edu]: [3.5] KApplication::invokeBrowser() question

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed May 23 20:42:55 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 10:39, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> No, kfmclient is a konqueror alias.

No, it isn't.  It's a small utility that can be used to launch the user's
configured browser.  Try it yourself, use these directions to switch your
preferred browser to firefox (or any non-konq browser):

> To change his preferred browser he has to go to kcontrol -> KDE components
> -> Default Applications and change it there.

The type in a konsole: "kfmclient openURL http://www.google.com"
It will launch the non-konq browser.

So, I still think the ubuntu package that contains kstars needs to depend on
whatever ubuntu package provides the kfmclient utility.

Jason
--
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium
kstars at 30doradus.org