[kde-edu]: Interesting project: iTALC

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Thu Aug 2 21:47:39 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch 01 August 2007 18:29 schrieb Jos Poortvliet:
> Hmmm, I had to look a long time to find ANY reference to linux. This
> might not be the best project to advertise KDE with, it doesn't use
> nor depend on KDE, and does only mention it when talking about KDM
> configuration...

Dear Jos,

I know the author of iTalc (and LMMS) for two years now, and also iTalc.
It was developed under Qt3, mainly for KDE, in the first place. Only
recently, with Qt4, the software could be ported to other platforms.

Tobias (the author) knows the benefits of the GPL, but his marketing
(and earnings) might focus on non-linux settings (unfortunateley still
the majority in schools).

iTalc is next to perfect, and also used with many Skolelinux/Debian-Edu
KDE desktops in Germany.

BTW: Anybody joining FrOSCon in Cologne (St.Augustin) August 25/26?

Regards
Ralf