[kde-edu]: Interesting project: iTALC

Don Balentine dbalentine at ewsc.k12.in.us
Thu Aug 2 19:31:29 CEST 2007

I'm more than happy to share my experiences with it. About two years ago the state of Indiana started a project call ACCESS.  The basis of the project was to provide 1 computer per student in each classroom.  The school I work for setup five classrooms of 30 machines each.  Each workstation runs linux with KDE.

I only mention the project because after I stumbled across iTALC I began spreading the word across the state.  Now atleast 10 schools use the software and many more are looking to add it.  Our teachers now insist on having it.  With 30 computers in a regular classroom, management is a huge part of the classroom.  iTALC allows the teacher to lock the workstations as well as monitor the students activity during the class period.

If there is any specific information you would like to know, feel free to ask.  I can also speak with some teachers and see if they will write a bit about their experiences with iTALC.  Hope that helps.

>>> <jos at mijnkamer.nl> 8/2/2007 12:08 pm >>>
Now THAT's more interesting. We want testemonies, as many as we can ;-)

So any more information you can give would be great!