[kde-edu]: Physiks Development Rate

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Oct 10 15:04:37 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 12:21, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> qt4lab.org

Hi,

I cleaned physiKs in kde3 svn and ported physiKs to kde4 in
branches/work/kde4/playground/edu/physiks
in KDE svn.
At the moment
- the Physicsdrawer does not compile in kde3, it is coded against qt4 while
the other code was against qt3 - it's a qt only code. It also does not
compile in kde4, should be easy to fix though.
- the swig and ruby scripts don't run
- there is no binary to run, the scripts should demonstrate a sample run.
In short: I am lost on what to do about it.

So for me, there's nothing to test and nothing to show. I had hoped that
physiKs was a bit more avanced in order to start a KDE4 app from its code. I
am not sure we can do anything with it, to be frank.

The qt4lab.org provides widgets for physics apps so I think this should be
used. There is also a KDE app on kde-apps.org, eduKator, which seems
unmaintained now but could be a good base for a physics app.
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=17602

I am waiting for a wiki for KDE-Edu in order to open a debate on physiKs and
to see if it answers people's needs.
Ralf, do you have requests for such an app?

Anne-Marie