[kde-edu]: Proposed KmPlot UI

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Tue Mar 28 23:46:29 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 28. März 2006 23:37 schrieb David Saxton:
> I've been working on a slightly modified KmPlot interface, and I'm looking
> for suggestions, objections, etc, before I commit any large chunks of
> code...

Hi David,

thanks for your fine proposal, looks promising! I just wonder if you can
squeeze all types of graphs/functions into the same system. With polar
coordinates one might wish to have a corresponding grid layout if you know
what I mean (radial). This could be an addition to the coordinate systems you
provide (I would name them after quadrants maybe).

The main tool bar could also bear buttons for printing/export: Teachers are
gratefull when they can plot/print graphs in a fixed ratio (1 unit = 1 cm).

Last point: Entering function terms could be eased by providing allowed
operators/variables in a toolbox. On the other hand. Abakus strenghts is to
leave away the buttons kcalc has.

Regards
Ralf