[kde-edu]: Math software

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jun 18 15:57:06 CEST 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 13:59, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Am Sonntag 18 Juni 2006 13:49 schrieb abhijeet saran:
> > Thanks, for the quick reply, I do know a bit of C++, and I'm learning
> > QT from the Blanchett book, I would be installing Kubuntu on my home
> > PC tomorrow. I would be doing all the downloading at work and updating
> > my pc with that.
>
> Abhijeet
>
> Ok, here might be a problem. You need qt-copy which is basically Qt 4.1.3
> but with patches. You won't find that for ubuntu, you'll need to get the
> source and compile it yourself.
> Then you need dbus 0.62. I think there is no ubuntu-package for that yet.
> Then you need qt-dbus. That you also need to take (like qt-copy) from svn
> of KDE (you need kdesupport, qt-dbus is the only subdir in kdesupport). And
> you need cmake 2.4.2 (there are binaries working  in ubuntu on cmake.org)

I know porting is like doing work twice, but maybe it would be easier to do a
prototype with Qt3/KDE3 first, especially since the KDE4 platform is so much
under continuous restructuring.

Depending on the skills in the other languages, it might even be possible to
use the PyQt and PyKDE bindings for this prototype.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>