[kde-edu]: Kig help needed! Don't know what do demo...

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 15:57:10 CET 2006

Am Dienstag 24 Januar 2006 18:11 schrieb Carsten Niehaus:
> Ok, on Saturday I have to demo Kig in front of perhaps 40 people. It
> would be really good if you could tell me what to demo, I have no
> idea what is important and what not...

Dear Carsten. This saturday? In Erkelenz?

For educating math, it is good to have dynamic models that allow pupils
to wobble arbitrary conditions such as size or offsets to detect the
core of a construction and the represented relations / laws.

On http://skolelinux.de/wiki/LernSoftware/Kig you will find sample files
(Beispieldateien) just underneath some screenshots.

The 2nd sample allows to wobble a circle line defined by three points.
Thus altering the periphal angle, you will also change the center
angle. In any case the central angle has twice the value of the outer
angle. This is what can be learnt. The theorem of Thales is just a
special case with an central angle of 180°.

Regards
Ralf