[kde-edu]: Kig help needed! Don't know what do demo...

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.be
Thu Jan 26 19:15:26 CET 2006

Carsten Niehaus writes:

> Am Dienstag, 24. Januar 2006 21:28 schrieb Maurizio Paolini:
>> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 06:11:43PM +0100, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
>> > Ok, on Saturday I have to demo Kig in front of perhaps 40
>> > people. It would be really good if you could tell me what to
>> > demo, I have no idea what is important and what not...
>>
>> As promised I uploaded my recent kig presentation.  It can be found
>> at 'http://dmf.unicatt.it/~paolini/conferenze/vicenza2005/'.  As I
>> said it is in italian; on request I could give a quick english
>> translation.  The examples were constructed using a recent version
>> of kig (the "branches/kig/post-kde-3.5/kig" svn branch), however
>> most of them work well with the kde 3.5 version.

> http://dmf.unicatt.it/~paolini/conferenze/vicenza2005/

> Not one .kig-file works with kig from 3.5-branch. The format "plain"
> is not supported KIG is telling me.... Can you help here?

(quick note: I think this is because kig installs some file format
stuff to make kde recognize kig files as kig files.  You need to make
sure that the directory where you installed kig is in your KDEDIRS,
and that you have run "kbuildsycoca" after you have added them there..

cheers
domi

P.S.: (yes, i still occasionally follow this list..)