[kde-edu]: Sugg: Framework for Science Meters

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 16:18:51 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch 07 Dezember 2005 20:33 schrieb Pablo Pita Leira:
> I do not know if you meant to have a sort of widgets in Qt/KDE that
> would be more like the actual harware used in a laboratory. Googling
> qt+laboratory gave me Qt4Lab, and one article about it on the KDE dot
> news.

Hola Pablo,

http://www.qt4lab.org/screenshots.htm looks very well. This is however
no ready-made application but - indeed - a framework for developers.

I had in mind a ready to use (yet to develop) educational application
like kmsensors that allows the easy integration of plugins for
different brands of meters.

Those plugins could use a pre-defined API like
getValue(): double
getUnit(): string

It should be easy to either develop such plugins if there is an
agreement on this API.

Regards
Ralf