[kde-edu]: invitation to developernew.kde.org

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Dec 22 19:52:41 CET 2006

hi kde edu team!

as usual, you folks have produced an excellent example for the rest of kde
when it comes to documentation and building a developer community. there is a
large number of really great articles on edu.kde.org, particularly here:

	http://edu.kde.org/development/

much of it is of general interest to kde developers i would think, such as the
hot new stuff tutorial, kaction tutorial, etc...

i'd like to extend an invitation to all of you to consider joining your
efforts with ours on developernew.kde.org[1] so that we can have all of our
developer content in one location. the benefits of this are:

 - it will make our content easy to find
 - it will avoid duplication of effort as we all work in one place
 - we can help keep each other's tutorials and other information up to date
(huzzah for wikis =)

we're trying to make the often asked for and long wanted central location for
developer information. our plan is a three step one:

1) get as much of our content, which is currently spread out all over the
internet, into one place
2) add new content
3) simultaneously with (2) organize the content into a good structure

right now we're primarily working on (1) and just starting on (2). we're to be
found on #kde-www on irc and of course i'm always available by email. i'm
also willing to help migrate content with you folks, but i wouldn't want to
do that without your consent.

we can of course note that the content was contributed by the kde-edu project
and link to edu.kde.org to ensure that the work you put into this content
continues to get exposure for your project.

annma: ditto for women.kde.org.

[1] one day soon it will be developer.kde.org =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se