[kde-edu]: EDU page on the development wiki

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Dec 15 02:35:14 CET 2006

Hello,

I took the liberty of adding all of the Edu apps to our page on the developer
wiki (http://developernew.kde.org/Projects/Edu).  Previously, only KmPlot and
KPercentage were listed.  None of the pages for individual apps actually
exist yet, however.  I categorized the apps in the same way they are listed
at edu.kde.org, but maybe this classification needs to be revisited (i.e.,
how can KVocTrain and KWordQuiz be in different categories?).

Anyway, let's have a discussion about what people envision for these pages.
This is a wiki for developers, so we probably want something here besides
repeating the information on our webpages.

For a starting point of this discussion, I'll point out the Quality Team KDE
Edu wiki page here:
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Quality+Team+KDE+Edu

Here we see a very nice presentation of developer-related information for all
of our apps (docu status, bug reports, TODO lists, communication/promotion,
and User interface).

Maybe we want to start with this page at developernew.  Rather than linking to
a bunch of app-specific pages, it may be more useful to browse the relevant
information for all of the apps on the same page.  Not to mention it would be
easier to maintain.

Of course, this brings up the question:  Which location is a better place for
this information, developernew.k.o, or wiki.k.o?  Given that developernew
will eventually replace developer, I'd argue that we should place the
information there rather than at wiki.k.o.

regards,
Jason
--