[kde-edu]: [RFC] KPhysics - Interactive physics experiments for KDE

Jure Repinc jlp at holodeck1.com
Fri Apr 28 20:08:10 CEST 2006

On Fri, April 28, 2006 18:59, Albert Astals Cid said:

> I received in private a mail from another person that is doing / wants
> to do
> the same program as you (from your and his "non exact" description)
> also as a
> Google SoC.

It is nice to see that someone else is trying to do the same task. I
think we can both apply and then you can choose the one that would be
more apropriate. Maybe he knows more about KDE/Qt programming and it
could only be beneficial to people if he can make it faster and better
then me. And after the Google SoC is over the other can join and we
could then work together on the application.

Anyways, it would be nice if he could also introduce himself here on
this mailing list. Or of we could at least exchange e-mail addresses
and talk about it privately and try to decide on what would be best.

> And that's were you can see Goggle SoC failing, collaborate in doing
> that
> program would be probably the most normal thing, but iirc Google does
> not
> allow this.

Yeah I also see this as one of the big problems with SoC. It would be
great if they allowed wotking in groups. This way more could be done
and you would also learn how to work in a greoup which is also very
valuable.

--
JLP's Blog - http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/