[kde-edu]: [RFC] KPhysics - Interactive physics experiments for KDE

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Apr 28 19:42:33 CEST 2006

A Divendres 28 Abril 2006 19:25, Jason Harris va escriure:
> On Friday 28 April 2006 09:59, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > I received in private a mail from another person that is doing / wants to
> > do the same program as you (from your and his "non exact" description)
> > also as a Google SoC.
>
> So how do we resolve this?  I just added the KPhysics entry to the wiki,
> and then I read your mail.  I suppose both students could submit proposals,
> and it would be up to google which they would like to sponsor, or do we
> have an obligation to submit a set of unique proposals?

No, there can be a multiple number of proposals for the same idea.

There's also on the FAQ

28. What if someone else is attempting to execute on the same project?
 That's fine, a little duplication is par for the course in open source.

But i don't feel like it was going to be true, at the end possibly one of the
two will have to be chosen.

And who choses, also the FAQ

Students submit to Google proposals to work with particular mentoring
organizations; Google routes to the mentor organization, and the proposals
are ranked by mentors working with those organizations.

So we rank them and google is the one that has the final decision.

So if anyone of you "big edu bosses" (Jason, Annma, Pino, Carsten...) want to
be on the rankers people contact Thiago and tell him.

Albert