[kde-edu]: [RFC] KPhysics - Interactive physics experiments for KDE

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Fri Apr 28 08:44:20 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 27. April 2006 20:37 schrieb Jure Repinc:
> > Just start, you'll see how hard or easy it is. Start on sf.net or
> > berlinos.de to get a public svn or cvs. Perhaps somebody will activly
> > help you.
>
> Is there there any documentation you would recommend reading about
> making the framework/plug-ins structure in Qt/KDE or in general?

No clue.. Have a look at KDevelop I guess...

> How do SourceForge and Berlios compare? Pros/cons? How is it then with
> moving to KDE SVN into playground?

Both provide svn, sf.net is bigger. I think it doesn't matter.

> > Of course, even small classes in KDE can drastically change, for example
> > 2 days ago KPixmap "died". kdelibs are updated every 2 weeks (the
> > kdelibs4_snapshot), so you only have to sync ever 2 or 4 weeks (depending
> > if you *want* to sync).
>
> How do you monitor those changes? Is there any special page that lists
> the changes in each snapshot. If there is no such a page then maybe it
> would be usefull to others if it existed.

That is easy :-) The kdelibs4_snapshot is updated ever second monday. Then
recompile against it and see what breaks. There is also a .html-document in
kdelibs which tells you all changed things. So you see a error in KFoo, you
look for KFoo in the html-doc and it tells you what you should do now.

Carsten