[kde-edu]: what to do about kde4?

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 13 17:59:56 CEST 2005

Jason Harris ha scritto:
> + Are all teams agreed that this is the way to go?

Fine for me.
This leads me to a question: once we have moved "kdeedu4" from the
official kde4 branch to an our own one, will every app be freely to
change its development policy (ie work on kde35 or on kde4) at anytime
or will "kdeedu4" move back to kde4 as a whole?
I'll prefer the 1st solution.

> + Do we want to set a timescale for when 3.5 work is to be finished, and
> qt4 porting is to begin?  Perhaps simply tie it to the (still
> unannounced) 3.5 feature freeze?

We could set _at least_ the kde 3.5 deep freeze, just to give every app
all the time needed to prepare a good and BugFree(tm) version for kde
3.5. Indeed, once kde 3.5 will be released, we'll surely work on kde4
(and on the kde3.5 bugfix branch).
What do you think?

Best regards,

--