[kde-edu]: Sugg: Framework for Science Meters

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Tue Dec 6 14:20:46 CET 2005

Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2005 14:09 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:
> Also popping into my mind is ksimus datarecorder as one possible
> frontend. As it comes to realtime data, acoustic recorders could be
> another approach.
>
> What is your comments on this? Should we forward this idea to kde-devel?

There are problems:
	Which developer would code it?

	Would the developer have physical access to such devides?
	- if not: How can he test the code?

	Do the vendors of the devices have open APIs?
	- (the answer is no in most cases. One german company has a public interface
only for Borland Delphie, no free licence)

	Are there standartdevices worldwide? If not we'd need the application with
hundrets of interfaces.

I am sorry, but this just won't work I think. I thought about making something
for the german devices (scassylab or something like that) but the company
didn't even answer my mails.

Carsten