[kde-edu]: Sugg: Framework for Science Meters

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Tue Dec 6 14:09:45 CET 2005

Dear list,

during "Linuxtage Essen" (Essen Linuxdays), some scientists addressed
the lack of free interfaces to scientific gear such as thermometers,
gyrometers, geigercounters, whatsoever.

As a matter of fact, there are already loads of measuring tools - but it
lacks integration and usabilities if we want to use them in school.

This made me think: How about a framing project / application similar to
ksensors? Existing implementations could dock into such framework. The
framework itself could provide features like
- data recording
- data plotting
- statistical evaluations.

Also popping into my mind is ksimus datarecorder as one possible
frontend. As it comes to realtime data, acoustic recorders could be
another approach.

What is your comments on this? Should we forward this idea to kde-devel?

Cheers & merry nick day ;)

Regards
Ralf