[kde-edu]: Exchange with OFSET project?

Thomas Templin lists at gnuwhv.de
Thu Oct 14 16:46:46 CEST 2004

Moin moin
On Thursday 14 October 2004 15:19, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On 13 October 2004 01:58, Helge Hielscher wrote:
[...]
> > just found out about the gnome based project called OFSET:
AFAIK OFSET is neither GNOME nor KDE based. It is a general Org of
Free Software in the edu field.

> > "Organization for Free Software in Education and Teaching. Our
> > goal is to develop free software for education with knowledge
> > sharing as our main concern. We already have developped software
> > as DrGeo, GCompris, DrGenius and the live CD freeduc."
> >
> > Wouldn't it make sense to cooperate with that group somehow?
>
> Well, yes, of course we are willing to cooperate.
>
> I had once an email discussion with the GCompris and TuxPaint
> authors and we agreed on sharing our data and maybe find a common
> xml to do so. The need was not there at the moment and I cannot do
> everything so it did not go further.
>
> I cannot extend my working time but you can contact OFSET and agree
> with them to link our websites and maybe add some text about each
> other on our webpages. That could be a first step.
> Maybe you have in mind some other ideas for further cooperation.

There are contacts between OFSET and Skolelinux.de.
Georges Khaznadar from OFSET was on our booth at LinuxTag Karlsruhe
this year.

Anne-Marie, may be it will be a good idea if you will contact him
directly in France.

Bye,
Thomas