[kde-edu]: Exchange with OFSET project?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Oct 14 15:19:14 CEST 2004

On 13 October 2004 01:58, Helge Hielscher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just found out about the gnome based project called OFSET:
> "Organization for Free Software in Education and Teaching. Our goal is to
> develop free software for education with knowledge sharing as our main
> concern. We already have developped software as DrGeo, GCompris, DrGenius
> and the live CD freeduc."
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to cooperate with that group somehow?
Well, yes, of course we are willing to cooperate.

I had once an email discussion with the GCompris and TuxPaint authors and we
agreed on sharing our data and maybe find a common xml to do so. The need was
not there at the moment and I cannot do everything so it did not go further.

I cannot extend my working time but you can contact OFSET and agree with them
to link our websites and maybe add some text about each other on our
webpages. That could be a first step.
Maybe you have in mind some other ideas for further cooperation.

Cheers,

Anne-Marie