[kde-edu]: Project proposal

Örn Hansen orn.hansen at swipnet.se
Sun May 25 13:16:50 CEST 2003

söndag 25 maj 2003 10:42 skrev du:

> Please describe in more detail what makes your program distinct from
> ktouch. KTouch is very well suited to train typing skills. I know that
> first hand because I used to use KTouch to get my typing skills up to
> speed, not to learn the basic principles.

  The difference is, that ktouch displays a keyboard layout and directs the
typer, to what keys are to be hit, and doesn't allow you to continue, if you
made an error.  It's primary target is the novice typist.  My application is
directed towards the next stage, where you type in the text in full detail,
only marginally directed to where in the original text you are.  The goal is
speed typing, where the typist is to have all his focus on the text and not
on the keyboard, or errors (blind typing).  And where a large portion of the
text is visible, as the typist is likely to be using his vision to peek-ahead
in the text.  There is also a vocal dictation in the works. All text
corrections are made after the text has been fully entered, within a given
timeframe.

  There is also a ktouch like program, in the package ... but it is not being
actively developed, due to ktouch being out there.

  Additionally, there is a program to edit the exam environment.  It is a
program with datatables, to peek into SQL tables and see the results, define
exam texts and environmental detail.  Print out results, and make corrections
if needed.

Mvh,
  Örn