[kde-edu]: Project proposal

Örn Hansen orn.hansen at swipnet.se
Sun May 25 13:14:38 CEST 2003

söndag 25 maj 2003 11:02 skrev du:

> And I can train my typing skills as well. What do you think about adding
> the missing functionality of your program to ktouch? I think it would be
> better to have one app for such things.

  I see them as two separate things, as when you are speed typing you want to
be able to see more of the text than merely the single line, it's hard to be
typing at rates over 80 words/min and not be able to see ahead.

  KTouch is very good as it is, the only thing I could possible add to it
would be to "read" the layout of the keyboard from X, instead of having key
definition files.  This would make it support any keyboard, that KDE (X)
supports.  I'm not so sure, that the other functionality would fit in ... it
would mean the application would have to have two fronts.

Mvh,
  Örn