[kde-edu]: Project proposal

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Sun May 25 12:02:36 CEST 2003

Örn Hansen <orn.hansen at swipnet.se> [030525 10:56]:
> lördag 24 maj 2003 21:53 skrev Sebastian Stein:
> > Örn Hansen <orn.hansen at swipnet.se> [030524 21:52]:
> > >   I've got a small project, that have pupils as the primary target.  I
> > > have this project located at sourceforge
> > > http://typingtrainer.sourceforge.org and would like to propose it as a
> > > part of kde-edu.  It's purpose is training typing skills, but the
> > > interest group are the people who already know the keyboard and finger
> > > layout, but need to exercise their skills.  It also has an accompanying
> > > program, that is directed towards teachers, to use this to gather
> > > information on pupils skills.
> > >
> > >   Let me know what you think, and wether the project could fit into the
> > > kde edu.
> >
> > We allready have such an app in kde edu called ktouch.
> >

>   No, ktouch is an application to teach keyboard layout.

And I can train my typing skills as well. What do you think about adding the
missing functionality of your program to ktouch? I think it would be better
to have one app for such things.

Steinchen
--
KBruch: application to automatically generate tasks with fractions
Package: KDE Edu in KDE 3.2 (http://edu.kde.org/kbruch/)