[kde-edu]: Re: KVocTrain - examination screen

Mahfouf Anne-Marie annemahfouf at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 17:53:19 CET 2003

Hi Samuel,

>Hi!
>
>First, one thing: how can i download it? I've not password for the cvs
>
>In addition, i propose
>
>*(if nobody has ever done it): developping the french part and translating
>the
>webpages of the project in French

for KVocTrain translation, it is done by the i18n-fr team. Please contact
them if you want to translate KVocTrain. For the webpages, at the moment the
website is not ready to integrate other languages so if you translate it I
don't know how we can put it online. But that will soon be an option I
think.

>*making others formats for Kvoctrain:rpm, deb : it may be interessant to do
>that for practicals  reasons and for integrating it in some projects like
>Skolelinux ,Edulinux....
yes, what I suggest you do is to write an email to each distro packagers so
that they make rpms/debs for all edu apps as sometimes edu does not seem a
priority for distros.
Of course, if you can make these packages yourself, we'll be happy to add
the link on where to find them.

>*working on the Examination Result Screen

yes, please feel free to do so. At the moment, we are in feature freeze so
please send any patch to the edu-devel mailing list. After 3.2 is out we can
provide you cvs access.

>give me your opinion .

Any idea you have on improving KVocTrain or any other edu app will be
welcome. If you have some ideas and cannot implement them, I'll add them in
the 3.3 feature plan. The important thing is to write them so they will not
be forgotten. Send me any idea in french or english and I'll add it on the
feature plan. That is valid for any app :-)

You can help in many ways, testing, even writing a short "HowTo use
KVocTrain" for example. If you do it in French, I'll translate it in
English. That would help teachers to use it and thus provide more feedback.
This is something we can easily add on the website and that would help to
get our apps known.

annma