Contributor.entities

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Sep 15 18:58:00 BST 2021

El dilluns, 13 de setembre de 2021, a les 20:29:36 (CEST), David Bryant va escriure:
> Recently I've been working on some "licenses and credits" chapters for various
> KFDE programs, and it appears that quite a few contributors are missing from
> the "contributor.entities" file. I'm willin to add some stuff to that file. But I
> see a comment that is somewhat confusing.
>
>     This file contains what dbgenent.mod should contain and is read
>     after all other files just like dbgenent.mod should be.
>
> I believe this comment refers to a program / script that is no longer in use.
> But I thought it best to consult this list before I remove the comment. Does
> anybody know what "dbgenent.mod" is, or where to find it? It's not in the
> kdoctools repo. I do see similar comments in file "general.entities", and also
> in  "kdedbx45.dtd.cmake". But "dbgenent.mod" itself does not exist,
> apparently.
>
> Any insights are welcome. Thanks!

I'd say that comment is just mega old and can be removed/ignored.

Adding people to contributor.entities is ok, but beware that using it in the docbook file, means that you need to increase the KF5 requirement of such app to the first version of KF5 that will include that name, and sometimes application developers don't want to increase their minimum KF5 requirement.

Cheers,
  Albert