Contributor.entities

David Bryant davidbryant at gvtc.com
Wed Sep 15 20:05:32 BST 2021

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 12:58:00 PM CDT Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Adding people to contributor.entities is ok, but beware that using it in the
> docbook file, means that you need to increase the KF5 requirement of such
> app to the first version of KF5 that will include that name, and sometimes
> application developers don't want to increase their minimum KF5
> requirement.
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

Thank you for the information, Albert.

At the moment I'm pretty busy with PIM applications. And I see this in the
CMakeLists.txt files there:

set(KF5_MIN_VERSION "5.85.0")

Laurent Montel seems pretty intent on keeping everything up to date. So it
probably won't be a problem in PIM applications. But thanks for the heads up.

I've added some names in the past without any apparent problems. I'll be
careful to push any changes to the recent branches, as well as to "master",
now that I understand that may be necessary. KDocTools is currently on 5.87.0.
So PIM isn't very far behind. Frameworks 5.85.0 was just released in Gentoo
today, as a matter of fact. Lots of compiles this morning, for me!
--
David Bryant
Canyon Lake, Texas