What is the name of "kdiff3" to call it directly from the command line ?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Mar 20 05:39:24 GMT 2020

пʼятниця, 20 березня 2020 р. 05:01:04 EET Maxim Grigoriev (SW-GPU) написано:
> Hello KDE docs team,
>
> I just bought *kdiff3* for Windows 10. I am a new guy to Win10.
> I've been using kdiff3 for ages in different Unix-style environments.
> So I installed kdiff3 and can launch it from the Win10 START menu.
>
> What is the name of kdiff3 executable ?
> I use Win10 WSL (Windows Sybsystem Linux) . It is a very nice environment to
> simulate Linux. I actually installed Ubuntu 16.04 in a WSL framework and
> enjoy using it. For example, I can directly invoke *notepad* like this
>
> ## notepad.exe myfile.txt &
>
> But !!! I could not figure out how to invoke *kdiff3*. I tried kdiff3.exe
> and more. And, couldn't find it in the Win10 system directory.
>
> Please, help.
>
> Thanks,
> --Maxim

Hi,

It depends on the source of your package. There are different versions here
and there. The SF version, binary-factory.kde.org version.

Generally, kdiff3.exe should be in PATH directory

https://www.architectryan.com/2018/03/17/add-to-the-path-on-windows-10/

Also, the exec can be determined by the shortcut in %appdata%
\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri