ksysguard docs improvement suggestion

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Fri Jan 27 07:28:51 UTC 2017

Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2017, 17:32:47 CET schrieb Tom Shield:

> https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kde-workspace/ksysguard/the-workspace.html
>
> had me stumped for a while.  It is not at all obvious (at least to me, the
> page seems to assume you follow down from the top) that you have to open a
> new tab before the Monitor Remote Machine entries in the File menu (or
> taskbar) become visible.

Good catch, thanks for pointing out.

> It would really be helpful if the "Connecting to
> other hosts" section started with a sentence like the following:
>
> Note that the Monitor Remote Machine menu item is only available after you
> have created a new tab.

If you have already created a custom tab you do not need to create a new one,
activating any custom tab makes this menu item available.

So I would prefer something like:

"Note that the Monitor Remote Machine menu item is only available on custom
worksheets."
or
"... on user defined worksheets."

What do you think?

> Or you could make this really simple and have the Monitor Remote Machine
> File menu item always visible and if there was not a new tab already, it
> would create one before opening the Remote Hosts Dialog.

Please file a wish on bugs.kde.org component ksysguard.

Thanks

--
Burkhard Lück