ksysguard docs improvement suggestion

Tom Shield twshield at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 23:32:47 UTC 2017

Hello,

The page

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kde-workspace/ksysguard/the-workspace.html

had me stumped for a while.  It is not at all obvious (at least to me, the
page seems to assume you follow down from the top) that you have to open a
new tab before the Monitor Remote Machine entries in the File menu (or
taskbar) become visible.  It would really be helpful if the "Connecting to
other hosts" section started with a sentence like the following:

Note that the Monitor Remote Machine menu item is only available after you
have created a new tab.

This would have saved me quite a bit of head scratching.

Or you could make this really simple and have the Monitor Remote Machine
File menu item always visible and if there was not a new tab already, it
would create one before opening the Remote Hosts Dialog.

thanks,

Tom

--
Tom Shield
twshield at gmail.com
Vadnais Heights, MN

"... and may you never make the mistake of believing you know all there is
about sailing."
John Rousmaniere, *Annapolis Book of Seamanship*