[kde-doc-english] Open Help Conference & Sprints

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Fri Jul 17 20:02:20 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm running the Open Help Conference & Sprints again this year, for the
fifth year. I've reached out to the KDE team in the past and gotten
some interest. I'd love to see some KDE folks this year.

https://conf.openhelp.cc/

The two-day conference happens Sept 26-27. It features a mix of
presentations and open discussion time. This format has helped a lot of
open source teams find solutions to improve their documentation and
their communities.

After the conference, we host three days of team sprints. Each team
runs its own sprints, but you can talk to other teams to help you run
better sprints. I'm also available to help plan and coordinate any team
sprint at Open Help.

I've been running open source doc sprints for the last six years, and I
think they're one of the best ways to build up community and make real
improvements to documentation. I recently wrote an article for
opensource.com with some tips for running sprints:

https://opensource.com/community/15/7/five-lessons-open-help-doc
-sprints

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if there's anything I
can do to help plan.

Thanks,
Shaun McCance
Open Help Conference