[kde-doc-english] Page layout of program docs available by F1

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue Mar 18 13:32:47 UTC 2014

Am Samstag, 15. März 2014, 07:33:20 schrieb Albrecht Mehl:
> Quite often I like to be able to switch directly with my eyes from
> actual program window to doc window and back without the need to use the
> mouse. So I minimize - is that the correct english word for reducing the
> window size by clicking the middle button in the upper right corner of
> the window? - both the program and the doc windows.
> But then space is at premium, so one likes to get rid of everything
> which is superfluous _at the moment_. So I propose
>
>    Have a clickable x in the upper right corner of the left
>    table of content column. This would make that corner disappear
>    so that there is more space for the help text.

Yes that is a usefull proposal.

This could also be achieved by adding an action Show/Hide Contents Pane with a
shortcut like for the sidebar in konqueror.

Please file a wish at bugs.kde.org:
https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=khelpcenter&format=guided

For now you can use the splitter between the contents pane and the help text
itself. Move it completely to the left side and the contents pane will be
hidden.

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück