[kde-doc-english] k3b Documentation not Found

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu May 30 03:58:32 UTC 2013

Am Dienstag, 28. Mai 2013, 22:24:32 schrieb Jerry Nelson:
> On the Documentation not Found page, it is stated, "Please use the package
> manager of your distribution to find and install the missing documentation."
>
> Kindly give a worked out, executable CLI command that does this for **any**
> documentation package taken as an example.   I would be most grateful for
> the kindness.

That is impossible, there are many different distributions, package systems and
package management software. I'm sorry we can't provide all this information.

> Thank you for the suggestion to visit the KDE Documentation site
> docs.kde.org, which I did.  I found this URL for the documentation
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-multimedia/k3b/index.html
>
> Kindly complete a sentence on the Doc not Found page which begins, "After
> visiting docs.kde.org and finding a URL like this (for the k3b disk burning
> pgm)  http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-multimedia/k3b/index.html for
> the documentation  you need, you know an installable package likely exists,
> and what you should do next  is . . .  "  I really don't know where to go
> from here, please do help.

If docs.kde.org has a documentation, search for a documentation package in
your distribution. If there is no doc, file a bug report.

> I have recently discovered this command for Debbian package management:
> dpkg -L.  The  response to dpkg -L K3b  suggests some Kubuntu builds like
> mine have documentation.  Perhaps your Doc not Found page could tell me
> what to do with this info to help you, the KDE community, and myself (but
> not bothering you !! )

What you found here is the debian packaging documentation for k3b, not the k3b
documentation from KDE.

--
Burkhard Lück