[kde-doc-english] k3b Documentation not Found

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed May 29 04:12:30 UTC 2013

написане Wed, 29 May 2013 05:24:32 +0300, Jerry Nelson
<jerrynelson at speakeasy.net>:

> On the Documentation not Found page, it is stated, "Please use the
> package
> manager of your distribution to find and install the missing
> documentation."
>
> Kindly give a worked out, executable CLI command that does this for
> **any**
> documentation package taken as an example.   I would be most grateful
> for the
> kindness.
>
> Thank you for the suggestion to visit the KDE Documentation site
> docs.kde.org,
> which I did.  I found this URL for the documentation
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-multimedia/k3b/index.html
>
> Kindly complete a sentence on the Doc not Found page which begins, "After
> visiting docs.kde.org and finding a URL like this (for the k3b disk
> burning
> pgm)  http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-multimedia/k3b/index.html
> for
> the documentation  you need, you know an installable package likely
> exists,
> and what you should do next  is . . .  "  I really don't know where to
> go from
> here, please do help.
>
> I have recently discovered this command for Debbian package management:
> dpkg -L.  The  response to dpkg -L K3b  suggests some Kubuntu builds
> like mine
> have documentation.  Perhaps your Doc not Found page could tell me what
> to do
> with this info to help you, the KDE community, and myself (but not
> bothering
> you !! )
> /usr
> /usr/share
> /usr/share/doc
> /usr/share/doc/k3b
> /usr/share/doc/k3b/FAQ
> /usr/share/doc/k3b/copyright
> /usr/share/doc/k3b/README
> /usr/share/doc/k3b/README.Debian
> /usr/share/pixmaps
> /usr/share/pixmaps/k3b.xpm
> /usr/share/menu
> /usr/share/menu/k3b
> /usr/share/bug
> /usr/share/bug/k3b
> /usr/share/bug/k3b/presubj
> /usr/share/bug/k3b/script
> /usr/share/man
> /usr/share/man/man1
> /usr/share/man/man1/k3b.1.gz
> /usr/share/applications
> /usr/share/applications/kde4
> /usr/share/applications/kde4/k3b.desktop
> /usr/bin
> /usr/bin/k3b
> /usr/bin/k3bsetup
>
> I have also been taught the special DuckDuckGo search !u (for the larger
> Ubuntu community).
>                   !udocumentation k3b
>  takes you directly to  The K3b Handbook as the first hit.  But then
> what?
> Thank you for any door of discovery and self-help which you can open for
> [...]

Hi,

It's Kubuntu fault. They stop shipping documentation by mistake. Their
logs [1] says:

"Do not ship k3b documentation, it's for the KDE3 version."

This is not true (it's false).

Please file a bug against Kubuntu package [2].

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/k3b/2.0.2-6ubuntu1

[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/k3b