[kde-doc-english] Documentation Status and Todo's for 4.11

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue Jun 18 04:18:55 UTC 2013

Am Montag, 17. Juni 2013, 15:52:41 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013, 18:10:25 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> >> Readding the list since others hopefully will have comments...

> >> I've filled in the dictionary part for all these missing items now,
> >> except for Tabbed Window.  I'm not aware of any use of tabs that are
> >> not in such a configuration, so it seemed rather redundant.
> >>
> >> I also decided to distinguish a Text Box (e.g. QLineEdit) from a Text
> >> Area (e.g. QTextEdit) because IMHO there are enough differences in
> >> appearance and behavior (e.g. what happens when you press Enter) to
> >> warrant distinguishing the two.
> >
> > Makes sense to me
> >
> >> Is everyone okay with these two modifications?  Is the draft [1]
> >> missing any other widgets?  Please also have a look at the
> >> descriptions and suggest any improvements, some of them came out a
> >> little awkward and I'm not sure exactly how best to fix.
> >
> > Some minor issues:
> >
> > * Reducing the width of the window leads to many line breaks in
> > Description
> > column of the table and make the text difficult to read. Could you make
> > the
> > Screenshot column  narrower ?
>
> I'll try, there are a couple that could stand to be narrower.
>
> > * Regarding the wording/spelling of the widgets (scrollbar vs scroll bar
> > etc.) I have attached the file preferred_forms used on
> > english.breakfast.org to check the docbooks and a statistic from stable
> > (4,10) of all widget names and their spelling. Of course we should sync
> > this spelling with ebn.
>
> Excellent, I'll fix up the few that don't match that shortly.

The file preferred_forms is from kde3, probably time to update its content?
Attached a list of all widget names used in the visual dictionary, spelling in
preferred_forms, aspell, dictionary + in the docbooks.
Main differences:
Checkbox, Menubar, Scrollbar, Titlebar.

I leave it to the native speakers how to sync these differences.

Probably we should add the missing words to the file preferred_forms for ebn:
combo box, context menu, list box, progress bar, scroll bar, spin box.

> > * Should we use the "The Plasma Desktop" section from
> > http://userbase.kde.org/User:Claus_chr/Visual_Dictionary ?
>
> IDK, Fundamentals really doesn't cover much Plasma stuff at all; we
> leave that to the Plasma Handbook.

You are right, it is better suited in the Plasma Handbook, between Plasma
Widgets and Containments and Panel?

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück