[kde-doc-english] Documentation Status and Todo's for 4.11

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Jun 17 20:02:37 UTC 2013

Am Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013, 18:10:25 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> Readding the list since others hopefully will have comments...
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> > Here a list of missing gui elements from the 3.5 visual dictionary -most
> > of
> > them covered by Claus' version on userbase:
> > Button, Check Box, Color Selector, Combo Box, Context Menu, Dialog Box,
> > Drop Down Box, Icon List, List Box, Progress Bar, Radio Button, Scrollbar
> > or Scroll Bar?, Slider, Spin Box, Tab, Tabbed Window, Text Box
>
> I've filled in the dictionary part for all these missing items now,
> except for Tabbed Window.  I'm not aware of any use of tabs that are
> not in such a configuration, so it seemed rather redundant.
>
> I also decided to distinguish a Text Box (e.g. QLineEdit) from a Text
> Area (e.g. QTextEdit) because IMHO there are enough differences in
> appearance and behavior (e.g. what happens when you press Enter) to
> warrant distinguishing the two.

Makes sense to me

> Is everyone okay with these two modifications?  Is the draft [1]
> missing any other widgets?  Please also have a look at the
> descriptions and suggest any improvements, some of them came out a
> little awkward and I'm not sure exactly how best to fix.

Some minor issues:

* Reducing the width of the window leads to many line breaks in Description
column of the table and make the text difficult to read. Could you make the
Screenshot column  narrower ?

* Regarding the wording/spelling of the widgets (scrollbar vs scroll bar etc.)
I have attached the file preferred_forms used on english.breakfast.org to check
the docbooks and a statistic from stable (4,10) of all widget names and their
spelling. Of course we should sync this spelling with ebn.

* Should we use the "The Plasma Desktop" section from
http://userbase.kde.org/User:Claus_chr/Visual_Dictionary ?

Apart from that I am ok with your proposal.

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück