[kde-doc-english] Documentation Status and Todo's for 4.11

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 01:10:25 UTC 2013

Readding the list since others hopefully will have comments...

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> Here a list of missing gui elements from the 3.5 visual dictionary -most of
> them covered by Claus' version on userbase:
> Button, Check Box, Color Selector, Combo Box, Context Menu, Dialog Box, Drop
> Down Box, Icon List, List Box, Progress Bar, Radio Button, Scrollbar or Scroll
> Bar?, Slider, Spin Box, Tab, Tabbed Window, Text Box

I've filled in the dictionary part for all these missing items now,
except for Tabbed Window.  I'm not aware of any use of tabs that are
not in such a configuration, so it seemed rather redundant.

I also decided to distinguish a Text Box (e.g. QLineEdit) from a Text
Area (e.g. QTextEdit) because IMHO there are enough differences in
appearance and behavior (e.g. what happens when you press Enter) to
warrant distinguishing the two.

Is everyone okay with these two modifications?  Is the draft [1]
missing any other widgets?  Please also have a look at the
descriptions and suggest any improvements, some of them came out a
little awkward and I'm not sure exactly how best to fix.

Note that the PNGs are currently missing, I'm going to go fill those
in shortly and replace some of the existing ones as well.

-T.C.

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/work/doc/fundamentals/ui.docbook